A Hero for the Dark Towns Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lake, Jay » A Hero for the Dark Towns « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jay Lake
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 07:48 am:   

Here's some pictures of me reading my ALBUM ZUTIQUE story, "A Hero for the Dark Towns," at Westercon.

Jay reading

Jay and Greek chorus

Greek chorus

Thought you might enjoy these.

Note the Greek chorus echoing key lines throughout. There were three incense cones burning (two of which eventually got out of control, adding to the ambiance of the reading as Nina Kiriki Hoffman raced about putting out the smoldering tablecloths), and I'm wearing mad scientist goggles with mirrored lenses. Probably the only such pair in the world, from the comments I received.

And my thanks to chorus members SarahB, LindsayJ, LoriW, XimenaC, DianaS and AuroraL. ;-)

RFW
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 11:49 am:   

Damn Jay, I always knew you had an entourage. Will you be selling copies of your costume at World Fantasy?

Robert

Richard Parks
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:18 pm:   

A Greek Chorus! What a cool idea.

Jay Lake
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 01:34 pm:   

Robert, I'd be happy to give you some fashion tips, if you're ever in need of dressing like a neon zeppelin. Goggles by Foglio, mirrored lenses by Eyedentity, hat by Unnamed Guatemalan Peasants and shirt by Atlas Men's Clothing. Let me know if you ever need a CARE package...

Richard, I highly recommend a Greek Chorus. Attractive and talented assistants distract from the text, which is often an asset.

Wonder if I should recruit for WFC?

Mike Jasper
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 02:49 am:   

Jay, your shirt, it hurts the eyes, it does...

Remember, we don't have mad professor shades, here!

The Fighting Philosopher
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 12:28 pm:   

Jay,

Just finished reading this in Album Zutique. Great story! Any plans to revisit that universe? It seems ripe with possibilities for further stories...

Jay Lakeq
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:59 pm:   

Thanks, FigPhil, for the comments!

Yep, I've written some more stories in that setting. They're in submission now, and I am currently massaging yet another Dark Towns piece called "The Lizard of Ooze." Stay tuned for more details.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register